Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Create High-Performance, Reliable, Scalable & Intelligent Real-Time Communication Solutions
Enable real-time communication for remote education, video conferencing, cloud services, telemedicine, autonomous driving, and more.
This collaboration suite is a distribution of the Open WebRTC Toolkit (OWT). Its open standard allows browser and mobile applications to support real-time communication (RTC) without additional clients or plug-ins.
- Deliver real-time communication experiences with video conferencing capabilities for server and client tools.
- Take advantage of Intel® hardware acceleration for video encoding and decoding.
- Integrate a real-time video analytics capability powered by the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
For information on the latest updates, see the release notes.
Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC provides four client SDKs to allow development of real-time communication applications for Android*, iOS, and web applications. They include:
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) and conference communication
- High-performance video codecs that leverage the device hardware acceleration for VP8, VP9, H264, and HEVC
- G.711, G.722, Internet Speech Audio Codec (iSAC), Opus, and add-in AAC audio codecs
- Mainstream browser support for Chrome*, Firefox*, Safari*, and Microsoft Edge*
- Fine-grained API control on codec types, resolutions, frame rates, and bitrate configurations
- Reliable auto error recovery and comprehensive error handling
- Greater flexibility through an image filtering channel for mobile, native SDKs, and APIs with customized stream inputs for raw and encoded video frames
- Strong adaptability from an optimized quality of service (QoS) control to media processing and transmission based on WebRTC technology
- Client connectivity through NAT and firewall traversal with STUN, TURN, and ICE support
- Close monitoring for all connections through a real-time network statistics report
Provide an efficient video conference service based on WebRTC by scaling a single stream out to many endpoints.
Flexible and Adaptive Servers
MCU servers allow participants with different processing capabilities and network bandwidths to use video conference rooms that provide forward and mix streams. They support:
- VP8, VP9, H.264, and HEVC video codecs
- G.711, G.722, iSAC, Opus, and pluggable AAC audio codecs
You can customize a mixed video layout that is compliant with Media Server Markup Language (MSML) RFC 5707.
High-Performance Media Processing
The MCU server is optimized for Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® processors with Intel® Iris® Plus graphics and Intel® HD Graphics to deliver cost-effective, cutting-edge streaming media performance.
Deploy, Integrate, and Scale
This server can be deployed with limited steps. It provides add-in integration modules and open APIs that work with existing enterprise systems. Additionally, it can be scaled to a cluster mode to serve many more users.
High Availability with Fault Tolerance or Resilience
Server components provide fault tolerance and resilience to help achieve high availability for real-time communication. Depending on the type of components, they provide either automatic error recovery or an error report, plus a resource cleanup service.
Secure Reliability with Intelligent QoS support
Ensure conference data security through HTTPS, secure WebSocket, DTLS-SRTP, and more. Access intelligent QoS control (such as FIR, NACK, and FEC) and dynamic bit rate control. Protect the conference quality from high packet loss and network bandwidth variance.
Flexible Real-Time Media Analytics Framework
Enable analytics for media server streams.
- Pull video streams for analytics and push video streams for republishing.
- Access hardware-accelerated video decoding, encoding, preprocessing, and postprocessing.
- Take advantage of use cases for prebuilt real-time video analytics plug-ins that include face detection and recognition, body recognition, and smart classrooms.
- Support large-scale deployment to the cloud with a distributed analytics engine.
- Streamline programming with a RESTful analytics API.
- Implement customer-defined video analytics use cases that are optimized for Intel platforms, including:
- CPU with integrated graphics
- VPU (through the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit)