You will learn how to constrain & analyze a design for timing using the timing analyzer in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software v. 17.1. This includes understanding FPGA timing parameters, writing Synopsys* Design Constraint (SDC) files, generating various timing reports in the timing analyzer & applying this knowledge to an FPGA design. Besides learning the basic requirements to ensure that your design meets timing, you will see how the timing analyzer makes it easy to create timing constraints to help you meet those requirements.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Understand the timing analyzer timing analysis design flow
- Apply basic and complex timing constraints to an FPGA design
- Analyze an FPGA design for timing using the timing analyzer
- Write and manipulate SDC files for analysis and controlling the Intel Quartus Prime compilation
- Completion of "The Intel Quartus Prime Software: Foundation" online or instructor-led course OR a working knowledge of the Intel Quartus software
We recommend completing the following courses:
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: