You will learn how to use the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software to develop an FPGA design from initial design to device programming. You will create a new project, input new or existing design files, and compile your project. You’ll learn how to search for compilation information, use settings and assignments to adjust the results of compilation, and manage I/O-related assignments using the Pin Planner and the Interface Planner. You will also learn about device programming files and how to program an FPGA device on your board.
You will learn techniques to help you plan your design. You will employ Intel Quartus Prime software features that can help you achieve design goals faster. You will also learn how to plan and manage I/O assignments for your target device.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Make pre-project decisions to prepare for an Intel Quartus Prime software design
- Create, manage and compile Intel Quartus Prime software projects
- Use Intel Quartus Prime software tools to view the results of compilation
- Review compilation results in Intel Quartus Prime software reports and graphical viewers
- Plan and manage device I/O assignments using Pin Planner and Interface Planner
- Understand device programming files and their use with the Intel Quartus Prime software Programmer
- Background in digital logic design
- Ability to describe a hardware system using VHDL, Verilog, or EDA schematic tool
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: