Important note: Please read the following section as the Nios II EDS download procedure has changed.
The Nios II EDS is now automatically installed as part of the Quartus Prime Subscription or Web Edition Software download. No additional download is required.
Previous versions of the Nios II EDS as well as legacy tools for Nios II EDS, can be downloaded from the Design Software Archives. The legacy tools for the Nios II EDS tools include:
- Nios II Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Nios II C-to-Hardware (C2H) Acceleration Compiler Evaluation
Find out what's new in this release on the News and Events page.
Nios® II Processor: To obtain a time-unlimited license file for the Nios II processor, you must purchase either a standalone Nios II processor core license (ordering code: IP-NIOS) or the Embedded IP Suite (ordering code: IPS-EMBEDDED). Contact your local Altera representative or use Altera® software sales support page to order today.
Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS: The Nios II Embedded Design Suite (EDS) includes an evaluation version of Micrium's MicroC/OS-II RTOS for evaluation and prototyping purposes only. To use Micrium's MicroC/OS-II RTOS in commercial shipping products you must purchase a development license for the RTOS, by contacting Micrium directly.
View the following documentation for Nios II EDS installation:
- Get release notes, errata sheets, issues, solutions, and general information on the Nios II Embedded Design Suite Support web page.
- The Knowledge Base uses natural language-processing technology to search all available technical documentation to answer your questions directly. The Knowledge Base also allows you to ask your exact questions online to solve technical queries.
- The Altera mySupport page tracks your technical issues online.
- The Nios Forum section of the Altera Forum allows you to find answers to many questions related to the Nios II processor.
Altera's MegaCore® Function License Agreement governs the installation and use of the Nios II software. The Altera Program License Subscription Agreement governs the installation and use of Quartus Prime Web Edition software.