The demands of your business computing needs are growing in sophistication and complexity. Servers and workstations that are just a few years old are no longer capable of supporting the demands of today’s workloads which are increasing in capabilities to deliver business intelligence, acceleration, and agility. New business opportunities, new customers, and workloads drive a need for tools and technology that will help you win and stay ahead of the competition. With a wide-range of solutions in the marketplace to help you and your business, it can be difficult to identify the smart answer for your needs today and a solution that will help you win in the future. At Intel, we appreciate these challenges and have worked to understand your needs and demands. We have partnered with industry leaders and solution providers to deliver a professional-grade solution built from the ground-up with your needs in mind. The Intel® Xeon® processor family delivers trusted performance and proven innovation, starting with our entry Intel® Xeon® processor E3 product family. As your business grows and demands increase, so does the Intel® Xeon® processor family with performance scale and capabilities that extend up to our Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family and Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family of products. Entry workstation and entry server solutions built on the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family, establish a foundation of capabilities that support your growing and changing demands.
Small business server customers are looking for solutions that deliver productivity, reliability, security, and complement their existing IT investments such as cloud-based services. An on-premise server delivers answers for a number of solution challenges, including the uncertainty for setup and ongoing cost of cloud services, support for legacy applications, regulatory compliance, and sensitive customer data protection. The balance between cloud service providers and those solutions kept in-house, provides the flexibility to choose and mix the correct balance for your business needs. The ability to have an on-premise server solution for critical business and performance needs are growing in demand. An entry server built with the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family is a smart investment positioning you for growth while providing a reliable, always available solution to protect sensitive customer data, financial records, and host critical business software solutions. Combine a hybrid of on-premise servers and cloud services for the best small business solution.
Up to 56% performance improvement versus an Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1280 v2.1
Up to 3x graphics performance improvement1 and new HVEC 10-bit hardware acceleration support.
Professional, Industrial, and Commercial Applications Require Professional Compute
There are many foundational capabilities and enhancements that differentiate a professional computing solution built on the Intel® Xeon® processor-based platform. Professional, industrial, and commercial applications require professional compute. There are significant differences between professional-grade and consumer-grade solutions.
Professionals Demand Hardware-Enhanced Security and Reliability
A primary motivator in considering a professional-grade entry server or entry workstation is the increasing need for hardware-enhanced security and reliability of the Intel® Xeon® processor family. The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family includes support for the following hardware-enhanced security features:
- Intel® Data Protection Technology: Accelerate encryption and decryption, enhance security, performance, and protect your system using software enhanced with Intel® Data Protection Technology.
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions: Software enhanced with Intel® Software Guard Extensions help protect application code and data from disclosure and modification, helping enhance the security of your workloads and applications.
- Intel® Authenticate Solution: Intel® Authenticate Solution delivers customizable multifactor authentication options to fit your IT policy needs while giving you a comprehensive solution that is easy to deploy.
The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family includes support for the following hardware-enhanced reliability features, including:
- ECC Memory Support: Avoid business interruptions with automatic data checking for errors, providing increased reliability for the storage of your business data and execution of your critical workloads. Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V6 supports DDR4 memory speeds up to 2400 MHz, in configurations up to 64GB.
- Intel® vPro™ technology: Built in Intel® vPro™ technology provides hardware-enhanced security, remote manageability, and productivity-enhancing capabilities.
- Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT): Intel® AMT uses integrated platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, to allow IT or managed service providers to better discover, repair, and protect their networked computing assets, available anytime from anywhere.
- Intel® Server Platform Services (Intel® SPS): Designed for managing rack-mount servers, Intel® Server Platform Services provides a suite of tools to control and monitor power, thermal, and resource utilization.
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology: Protect your critical business information with redundant storage capabilities that allow quick recovery in the event of a hard drive failure.
Entry Servers for Small Business Customers
No matter what the size of your business, the value of your data is enormous. Keep it accessible and better protected at all times with an affordable Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family-based entry server. An on-premise server delivers answers for a number of small business customers including:
- Bandwidth constraints, latency, or heavy data usage that cause performance issues
- Uncertainty and inability to plan for setup and ongoing cloud service costs
- Preference for up-front payment over extended payment schedule
- Some legacy applications cannot be migrated to the cloud
- Regulatory, compliance, or data sovereignty requirements mandate that data must be secured on-premises
For a small or medium business, all of your data is your data center and is your connection to customers, sales, inventory, financial records, and ultimately growth. Help protect your customer, inventory, and financial records with a server that delivers the integrity and reliability of an all-day, all-night workhorse. Implementing a server is also a smart investment in growth. You’ll gain the power to deploy new business-class applications and tools that can help you increase sales and improve margins. A server based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family lets you access your information faster and respond to customers sooner from any device on your network. Help you and your employees become more productive and keep data safe. Position your company for growth with a powerful and affordable small business server based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E3 family.
While many small businesses are choosing cloud service solutions, you can own your own piece of the cloud by colocation your server with an IT managed service provider (MSP). You get the benefit of cloud accessible software services without the burden of housing and powering the server.
Professional VR Visualization with Entry Workstations
Virtual reality (VR) is one of the most exciting and revolutionary capabilities to impact professional workstation customers in recent years. One example is how professional designers can draft their CAD drawings and quickly visualize in full 3D/VR with a compatible hardware and software configuration that support a VR headset. The ability to view your design in VR delivers huge savings in design time, production, testing, and development. Previously, designs would often require rendering in 2D or limited 3D experiences, printing, assembly, or physical testing. Today, many of these tasks are streamlined and accelerated through the aid of commercial/professional VR usages and capabilities.
Supports the latest VR headset processor requirements from manufactures like HTC* Vive and Oculus* Rift.