In front-office trading, the ability to process large amounts of data in fractions of a second has become the difference between making the trade and losing it to a competitor. Intel understands the need for speed in this exacting context. The new generations of Intel processors—the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family and Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family—reduce latency from low microseconds to tens of nanoseconds.1
Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family
Delivering ideal performance for trade execution, the Intel Xeon processor E5 family can boost server performance by up to 80 percent over previous-generation Intel Xeon processor-based servers.2,3
Intel’s latest processor further streamlines your trading process with these benefits:
- Reduced latency: Intel® Integrated I/O can reduce I/O latency up to [placeholder: 30 percent]3,4 while support for PCIe 3.0 specification can improve I/O bandwidth up to [placeholder: 2x].3,5
- Adaptive. Efficient. Secure: The Intel Xeon processor automatically boosts performance when you need it for single and multi-threaded applications, including increased floating-point performance for high-performance computing workloads.6,7 Meanwhile, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivers up to two times more performance on demand than previous-generation turbo boost technology.3,6,8 It does all this while offering built-in security features that help keep your data safe, even in the cloud.
Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family
- Superior for high volumes of data: Scales to handle complex market data or interconnected and dependent processes on the same hardware box.
- World-record performance: Delivers improved scalability and advanced reliability.
- Do more with less: Enables banks to spread processing over more available cores to handle larger peaks more efficiently, without slowing response times. More cores, more memory, and a four-socket system means the Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family allows firms to host more trading algorithms on each server.
Learn more about the Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family >
Register for financial services electronic updates:
Architecture does make a difference
These value-adding elements of Intel® architecture are now also being applied to the trading function.
- Intel® 10 Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Controller and NetEffect™ Ethernet Mezzanine Cluster Adapters focus on acceleration via the network card.
- Intel®Threading Building Blocks ensures full use of available cores.
- Intel VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 analyzes software code efficiency to help improve application performance.
- Intel Compilers are directly optimized to processor hardware to help create multi-threaded applications.
- Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology for I/O-sensitive applications; improves data flow across the platform to increase system performance.
Catalyst for cost savings in the data center
Thanks to their ability to regulate power consumption by intelligently adjusting server performance, Intel® Xeon® processors can help reduce costs and increase energy efficiency within the data center.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E7 series: Easily scales to meet your firm’s demands in real time by directing performance where it is needed. Use all cores or just half of them, depending on which applications are needed.
- Intel Xeon processor E5 family: Saves firms hundreds of thousands of dollars by migrating older systems to new ones. In addition to reducing latency through intelligent performance, these processors can help build a flexible, efficient, and secure data center, all while scaling for cloud delivery.
Learn more about the entire Intel® Xeon® processor family >
Additional information: 9,10