• Existing infrastructure unable to deliver desired level of performance
• Dramatic increase in scalability needed following major acquisition
• Aggressive timeline—refresh needed within nine months
• Implemented the private cloud solution for SAP, based on Accenture’s FlexPod* for SAP Cisco Validated Design* (CVD*)
• Deployed Cisco Unified Computing System* (UCS*) and the NetApp Unified Storage Solution* in primary and backup data centers to provide a more open and flexible platform for SAP
Ready for an infrastructure refresh
In part because of the struggling economy, many SAP customers have delayed infrastructure refreshes during the last few years. Now competitive pressures are rising, and businesses are looking for smart, cost-effective replacements for their underperforming systems. That was the situation facing a leading mining company, especially following a major acquisition. The company’s existing infrastructure was then unable to deliver the desired level of performance and scalability to support standardized global operations. For help, the company turned to Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services, and outsourcing company.
Accenture offers a private cloud solution for SAP that combines the highly virtualized infrastructure of a public cloud with the high level of data security and integrity common to on-premise solutions.
Read the full Mining Company Boosts Performance with Private Cloud for SAP solution brief.