Intel Platform Innovation Framework for EFI
Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Boot Script Specification, Version 0.9
This specification defines the core code and services that are required for an implementation of the boot script in the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (hereafter referred to as the “framework”).The framework boot script is a script into which configuration information about the platform is recorded for use during different boot paths. This specification does the following:
• Describes the mechanism that is used to execute and record the boot script
• Provides code definitions for various boot scripts that are architecturally required by the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification
This framework boot script design must meet the following requirements:
• All aspects of this design must comply with the following:
• Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification
• Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Pre-EFI Initialization Core Interface Specification (PEI CIS)
• Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Driver Execution Environment Core Interface Specification (DXE CIS)
• ACPI 2.0 specification
• The design must enable size efficiency, code reuse, and maintainability.
Data structure descriptions
Intel® processors based on 32-bit Intel® architecture (IA-32) are “little endian” machines. This distinction means that the low-order byte of a multibyte data item in memory is at the lowest address, while the high-order byte is at the highest address. Processors of the Intel® Itanium® processor family may be configured for both “little endian” and “big endian” operation. All implementations designed to conform to this specification will use “little endian” operation.
In some memory layout descriptions, certain fields are marked reserved. Software must initialize such fields to zero and ignore them when read. On an update operation, software must preserve any reserved field.
September 16, 2003
Read the full Intel Platform Innovation Framework Specification.